You might be reading all the articles on company culture that have appeared lately and wonder, ‘what’s MY company culture’?
Yes, you have one, and it’s based on a bunch of things, that you can observe:
- Do I have people who have a passion for their work, or are they just hanging around?
- Do they have a drive to excel and learn new things about their job?
- Do they understand what your business is and your goals for the business?
- Do they know where they stand with you? Have they had a performance review lately, either formally, or just talking in your office?
- Would you say that you do all of the above behaviors, or are you asking people to do things you don’t do?
So, take a look at these four things this week and see where you are. If you’re not there, the good news is that you can fix it over time.